Sunday, February 15, 2009

Koolhaas for KoolDan


: Koolhaas Kollection (Koolhaas #4)
:Koolhaas by Jared Flood
: Knitting
Daniel
February 14, 2009
February 15, 2009
Adult
Needle: US7/ 4.5mm
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash
Colour: Black
How much? 0.7 skeins (154 yards)
Modifications: Cast on 120 sts and did 5 repeats for the pattern.
See the project on Ravelry

Daniel asked me to make him a hat to replace his old $2 hat. Daniel is an excellent friend- he edits all my school work for me, takes me the gym, then takes me out for "foodings". (Plus he follows this blog.) So how could I say no? I bought the superwash yarn for him because I didn't want to leave him with hand washing instructions. This way he could do whatever he wants to the hat and I know it would survive. I decided to make him the Koolhaas because it's such a cool pattern (not your ordinary ribbed hat for guys). I worked on it feverously these past two days so I could have it done when we met up for dinner tonight. We made plans to leave at 5pm and I was casting off at 5:15pm. It was a perfect fit on Daniel. The 120 sts was perfect for his "big head" and the length was also perfect because it covered his ears. Now I have to sort through my yarn stash to find yarn to make him a Domokun....knitting for friends never ends!


1 comment: