Sunday, February 8, 2009

In love with my gloves

Name: Almeara Gloves
Pattern: Almeara Gloves by Jared Flood
Craft Knitting
Made for me :)
Size: Adult Small
Started January 24, 2009
Completed February 1, 2009
Needle US6/4.0mm
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers
Colorway: 8401 Silver Grey
How much? 1 skein
Modification: Used smaller needles, made the gloves longer, and fixed a few mistakes in the pattern
I absolutely love these gloves! These are the first pair of gloves that I have ever knitted- and I don't think I have ever loved a pair of gloves as much as I love these! My parents were so cute while I was knitting this project. The whole time I was knitting the gloves, my dad kept telling me how impressed he is that I have managed to get all the fingers on correctly. My mom was also very impressed with them, and she graciously agreed to model these gloves so I can take pictures for Ravelry/my blog.
The thing that I love the most about it is that it is long. I have altered the pattern to make it longer, for instructions see here. It's been really cold lately, so these have been perfect for the cold weather. I love the long length because I don't have to experience the cold gap between the coat and gloves.

Knitting the second glove was definitely easier. To make the process easier, whenever there was an increase in the pattern, what I did was picked up a stitch between my two stitches and then looking at the next row to determine if I should knit or purl. I did this because it was easier than doing the million different types of increases stated in the pattern, and in the end it did not make a difference.

Another mistake that I found for the right glove is row 4 of the middle finger. I think it should be K1, P1, K4, P1, K9.

Even though this pattern has more mistakes than most regular patterns, I think the struggle to figure them all out was totally worth it in the end. Like I said earlier, I am absolutely in love with these gloves! I am now casting on to make the "matching" hat to these gloves :)


2 comments: