Saturday, April 17, 2010

Booties with Blanket Stitch Detail


: Booties with Blanket Stitch Detail
Pattern: Booties with Blanket Stitch Detail by Debbie Bliss
: Knitting
Baby Jayden
3-6 months
January 4 2010
January 6 2010
US 2½ - 3.0 mm
: Bernat Softee Baby Solids & Marls
0.3 skeins = 136.5 yards (124.8m)
Michaels

Pattern: Decided to make this project because I wanted something fast and quick! Very easy pattern to read and follow. Just make sure you read the pattern correctly- I made one boot and realized that I k36 instead of k36 rows and I was missing the cuff part of the boots! Oops! Really happy with how it turned out. I wish there was instructions on how to do a blanket stitch (which is something new to me since I’m not good with sewing), but I found this youtube video and it was very helpful!

Yarn: My first time knitting with Bernat Softee Baby and I am very impressed! Even though it is acrylic, it is super soft. It also has a very nice sheen to it. My only concern about this is that it might get a little fuzzy with wear and tear, but this is not such a huge issue so I will definitely be purchasing and knitting with this yarn in the near future!

Modifcation: No real modifications to the pattern. Used US 2.5/3.0mm because I don’t have the US 2/2.75mm needle. No big deal!



No comments:

Post a Comment