Saturday, April 17, 2010

My favourite hat this winter!


Name: Ash
Pattern: Ash by Kim Hargreaves
: Knitting
Me :o)
December 28 2009
December 30 2009
size: US 3 - 3.25 mm and US 2 - 2.75 mm
: Classic Elite Yarns Fresco
1 skeins = 164.0 yards (150.0m)
: 5319 Lot 802
: Pink
: The Purple Purl in Toronto, Ontario
: Classic Elite Yarns Fresco
1 skeins = 164.0 yards (150.0m)
: 5301 Lot 802
: Natural/Undyed
: The Purple Purl in Toronto, Ontario
See it on Ravelry!

Pattern: Knitted this in round. The instruction was to knit the hat in rows, who does that? Very easy pattern, this would be a great pattern for beginners. I really like how the hat turned out- nice and slouchy! This was really warm to wear during the winter. It was nice and casual and went really well with my grey peacoat and pink Burberry scarf! I wore this combo all the time this past winter.

Yarn: I was in love with this yarn when I first used it. It’s oh so soft with the right amount of fuzz. However, after knitting it for awhile I was really annoyed with the fuzz (I assume it was the angora because it was my first time knitting with angora). I was surrounded by a cloud of fuzz as I was knitting and felt that I needed a lint brush for my face. At first, I was in love with this yarn and couldn’t wait to work with it again, but now I’m not sure.

Modifications: Used bigger needles than what the pattern asked for, which is fine because my knitting is tight. I didn’t check the gauge, but I’m happy with how the hat turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment